This is your opportunity to participate in Science & Engineering extra-curricular workshops and activities, and achieve an Award!
- Participate in at least 5 different Science & Engineering activities, for 30 hours (at least 10 hours of interdisciplinary activities).
- For more details on the Award:
- To sign up for activities this term:
Look at the current list on Eventbrite (Check back – it’s updated often)
- For suggestions on what to do after the Award:
Why should you get involved?
- Gain a wide range of skills – Technical, communication, problem solving, leadership and teamwork (add straight to the CV!).
- The activities are completely free!
- Raspberry Pi: Simple Games
- Internet of Things
- Node-RED: Using a Visual Tool to program the Internet of Things
- Python Games
- MATLAB® for Research
- R Statistical Programming
- Creating Maps : Intro to GIS
- GIS Programming with Python
- Web Mapping
- 3D Models (Building & Animating)
- Creating Stereoscopic 3D films
- LaTeX: Professional Documents
- Disease Detectives
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Virtual ‘Operation’ Table
- Intro to Flowering Plants
- Ecology Field Trip
- DNA Virtual Lab
- Crime Scene
- DIY Chemistry
- Risk Management
- Leadership & Teamwork Training – Army Style
- & more!
Why sign up?
- It takes seconds to sign up & it helps to know numbers in advance so we can plan ahead (photocopy handouts … order supplies …in some cases lunch!) You are welcome to just show up on the day – but priority will go to those who booked ahead.
- You sign up via Eventbrite – so set up an account & sign up in advance
- Remember to cancel well in advance if you can’t make it & to find someone to fill in for you if the event is within 48 hours. The staff & employers who run the events put in a hige amount of preparation + we really like as many students as possible to benefit from these activities.
For any queries: sciengskillsaward AT mmu.ac.uk